With social distancing measures still in place, Canadian students are continuing their "new normal" education, often including online learning with their teachers and at home learning with their parents. Families are slowly adjusting to this current reality, and teachers are stepping up to show their innovation and their commitment to their students.
We continue to be so impressed with all the new and creative ways teachers are finding to connect with their students during this time. We've compiled a short list of examples to share and get you inspired!
- North Vancouver: Argyle Secondary school’s PE teachers find creative uses for toilet paper – watch video
- New Westminster: Qayqayt Elementary school's grade 5 students share ways they are supporting their community – watch video
- Surrey: Colebrook Elementary school's teachers create inspirational music video for their students – watch video
- North Vancouver: Choir teacher creates virtual choir lessons – watch video
- Delta: Deltaview Secondary school's teachers collaborate to create this music video for students – watch video
These are only some examples of the countless ways teachers are getting creative and finding ways to reach out to their students. We hope this inspires you as much as it has inspired us, and we wish you another creative month ahead of teaching from home!
Read on to find our online programming options, as well as resource videos for teaching online.
The PDCE Team